Language One Corporation President Junichi Arai
Language One Corporation (hereinafter “the Company”) provides multilingual contact center service, dispatch of multilingual staff, and consultation of multilingual services, and we are involved in handling personal information (including individual number). We recognize the importance of personal information for our customers and employees. Furthermore, the proper handling and protection of personal information is our duty. Therefore we declare to stipulate, implement, and maintain the following personal information protection policy.
- The Company will comply with the law, guidelines provided by the country, and other standards when handling personal information of customers and employees during the course of its duties. Furthermore, we will protect personal information by creating a personal information protection management system that complies with the Japan Industrial Standards (Personal Information Protection Management System – Requirements)(JIS Q15001).
- The Company, when obtaining personal information, will determine its purpose, and will not use the personal information beyond the scope of its purpose. Furthermore, we will take measures to ensure that the information is managed appropriately so that it is not used outside the scope of its purpose.
- The Company will not provide personal information to a third party unless consent is given or it is required by law to do so.
- The Company will make sincere effort to investigate and promptly respond to complaints and inquiries made toward the handling of personal information.
- The Company will take measures to prevent leaks, loss, or damage of personal information by implementing security measures from the organizational, human, physical, and technical perspective.
- The Company will consider the changes in social situation and environment and improve its personal information protection measures through the continuous review of personal information protection management system
Established: April 1, 2015 Revised: July 1, 2017
The Purpose of Use and the Handling of Personal Information
Language One Corporation Personal Information Protection Manager: Kouhito Miyoshi[Personal Information and its Purpose of Use] The Company will use personal information to the extent necessary for achieving the following business contents and purpose of use.
1. Multilingual Contact Center Service
2. Dispatch of Multilingual Staff
3. Consultation of Multilingual Services
4. Online English conversation service business
Purpose of Use
1. To provide our service (telephone, e-mail, Online English conversation, etc) and to carry out our tasks effectively and efficiently.
2. For investigation aimed at improving our current services and developing new services
3. To provide information for improving customer service
4. If we receive outsourced work from another firm, and the work requires the handling of personal information (whole or partial), we will use the information to ensure that the tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently.
5. For research and development of products and services through market research, data analysis, surveys, etc.
6. For employment selection
7. For managing employees
8. To respond to inquiries made to our company
Purpose of Use: Disclosure of Personal Information
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 described in the above applies.
However, personal information obtained from outsourced work will not be disclosed.
*About disclosure of personal information: It points “”personal information that constitutes a collection of systematically structured information, furthermore our company has the authority to respond to all requests for disclosures required by the subject individual, corrections, additions or deletions of contents, suspension or elimination of use, suspension of provision to third parties.
1. Cases in which consent is obtained beforehand
2. Cases in which it is based on laws and regulations
3. Cases in which it is difficult to obtain the consent, but necessary to protect the life, body and/or property of an individual.
4. Cases in which it is difficult to obtain consent of the person, but necessary to improve public health or promote the health and development of a children.
5. Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the duties prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person might hinder the execution of the duties concerned
“SSL” is used to protect customer’s personal information on our website.
By using a secured browser, the transmission and reception of our customer’s personal information will be automatically encrypted.
Even when using a secured browser, depending on the platform, a security warning may display. Please rest assured the personal information is still encrypted.
Cookies may be used in our website for the most effective display of advertisements.
Cookies will not be used to obtain personal information, nor will it be used to provide information to a third party.
If you do not wish to receive information from cookies, you can change the settings in your browser to reject the information.
Please be advised by executing this procedure, you may not be able to receive some of the services offered.
Protection of Personal Information in the External Link stated on this website
To provide variety of information for our customers, we placed external links in our website.
We take no responsibility for the management of personal information on the websites behind the external links.
[Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party]
We will not provide personal information to a third party, except for the following cases.
[Entrusting the handling of personal information]
We may entrust your personal information to subcontractors to the extent necessary to accomplish our mission. We will select subcontractors capable of handling personal information, negotiate necessary items to ensure appropriate management is carried out, and will give our best effort to protect your personal information.
[Procedures for disclosure and correction]
We will accept requests made by an individual for disclosure of personal information to be disclosed, notice of purpose of use, make corrections in case the content of disclosure of personal information violates the truth, suspend usage and suspend provision to a third party. (Hereinafter referred to as “disclosure etc.”) For specific procedures on requesting disclosure etc, please contact the following help desk.
Please understand that among the above requests, you will be responsible for the fee determined by our company concerning requests for disclosure and notice of purpose of use.
[Handling of Personal Information on our Website]
[Consultation in Handling of Personal Information]
If you would like to consult about the handling of personal information, you can do so at the following:
[Contact for the Personal Information Protection Policy / Handling of Personal Information]Language One Corporation
Personal Information Consultation Desk
Sasazuka Center Bldg. 5F, 2-1-6 Sasazuka, Shibuya-ku Tokyo 151-0073
Hours of Operation: 10:00-17:00
*Exclude weekends, public holidays, and end of year holidays (Dec 29-Jan 3)
[Name of the Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization and Where to Resolve a Complaint]Our company is a covered entity of the following accredited personal information protection organization.
The name of the accredited personal information protection organization and where to resolve a complaint
about the handling of personal information is as follows:
-Name of the Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization
-To resolve your complaint, contact:
Personal Information Protection Complaints Center
Roppongi First Building, 1 – 9 – 9 Roppongi, Minato – ku, Tokyo 106-0032
* Please note this is not the number to call to inquire about our products and services.
Regarding P MarkP Mark
Privacy Mark Certification No. 21001032(02)
The Company implemented the personal information protection management system in accordance with the requirements of JISQ15001:2006, passed the review for obtaining the Privacy Mark, and began using the Privacy Mark from 27 November 2015.
“Privacy Mark” is authorized by JIPDEC to recognize private companies that have implemented appropriate security measures for handling personal information. This system started on 1 April 1998.